Mike (Doc) Watson Heating & Cooling for expert furnace repair, maintenance and annual tune-ups in Wichita and the surrounding cities. Our licensed HVAC technicians are experienced with inspecting, cleaning, diagnosing and servicing all furnace brands. We’re also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency furnace repairs.
If your heating system isn’t working as it should, trust the experts at Mike (Doc) Watson Heating & Cooling for dependable furnace repair. Our team of technicians provide emergency furnace service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We’re experienced with all furnace brands, whether they’re gas or electric.
Common Furnace Problems
- Furnace not producing heat
- Low airflow
- Furnace cycles on and off
- Higher than normal gas or electricity use
- Strange sounds
Annual maintenance will help keep your heating system working efficiently and greatly reduce the chances of an expensive breakdown. A yearly fall furnace tune-up will ensure your system is clean and working properly, which will improve safety and energy efficiency while helping the equipment last longer. If any potential issues are discovered, they can be repaired before winter so you won’t be without heat when you need it.
A furnace tune-up typically includes:
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check voltage and current
- Ensure all electrical connections are tight
- Check gas or oil line connection
- Inspect the heat exchanger
- Check fan belt tension and adjust if needed
- Inspect and clean the burner
- Test the exhaust system
- Test the ignition system
- Check gas pressure and adjust if needed
- Test the system’s controls
- Inspect the thermostat and calibrate if needed
- Test the carbon monoxide levels of the air output
- Clean the furnace interior
- Inspect the condensate drain to ensure it’s clear
New Furnace Installation
If your home has an older heating system that needs to be repaired every year, it might be time to consider a new furnace. Over time, a new HVAC system can lower your energy bills while keeping your home at a comfortable temperature.